Safe and Secure Hospitals Conference 2013
A national Conference promoting a safe and secure environment for the hospital and healthcare community
|International Keynote Opening Address:
Marilyn Holler, CPP, CHPA, International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety; Director of Hospitals and Health Centers Security, University of Michigan Division of Public Safety and Security
A Comprehensive Program Addressing:
• Early intervention via early reporting of disruptive, aggressive, and bullying behaviour to minimise work place violence
• An innovative training model to help clinicians, security and policy makers respond to the problems of challenging behaviours
• Therapeutic sedation in the Emergency Department: Best practice in managing the highly agitated patient
• A systems approach to the prevention of Occupational Violence and Aggression (OVA)
• Contract management security: The change from in-house security to contract security
• Role of the ‘Risk Based Approach’ throughout the design process
• Preventing and managing clinical aggression in the paediatric and youth health setting
• The roles, functions and training provided by the Mental Health Intervention Team (MHIT), New South Wales Police Force
• Interactions between Police, Health staff, Ambulance and Hospital Security and future directions
• A Legal Perspective: Prevention and management of violence in hospitals
• Code Grey responses - Are they legal?
DO NOT MISS!
Inclusive Interactive Workshop - Emergency Management Case Studies and Practical Solutions
Review of the Underwear Bomber, the Boston Marathon Bombings and the Joplin Tornado to provide lessons learned for an Australian audience
View workshop details...
|This conference is endorsed by APEC No 09081001 as authorised by Royal College of Nursing, Australia (RCNA) according to approved criteria. Attendance attracts 11.5 RCNA CNE points as part of RCNA's Life Long Learning Program (3LP).|