23rd Annual Medico Legal Congress 2014
Don't miss this unique opportunity to network and discuss practical strategies and solutions with Australia's leading Medico Legal professionals.
The longest running and most successful event of its kind in Australia.
IIR's 22nd Annual Medico Legal Congress 2013 will look at the current issues and major changes impacting public health today. Benefit from key case studies and presentations delivered by professionals at the forefront of both the medical and legal industries.
- The Hon Michael Kirby AM CMG, Former Justice of the High Court of Australia
- David M. Studdert, Professor & ARC Laureate Fellow, Melbourne Law School, Melbourne School of Population Health, University of Melbourne
- Prof Clifford Hughes AO, Chief Executive Officer, Clinical Excellence Commission
- Ian Kerridge, Associate Professor in Bioethics, School of Public Health & Director, Centre for Values, Ethics and Law in Medicine, University of Sydney
Key medico legal issues to be discussed:
- Adverse event management and the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards
- What we can learn from a decade of patient complaints against Australian Doctors?
- New developments in National Registration and mandatory reporting
- Who is regulating the regulators?
- Medical Negligence - A review of recent cases
- Misdiagnosis in the ED: bounce back patients and an overview of the medico-legal issues
- Health complaint commissions in Australia: Time for a national approach
- Review of the National Open Disclosure Standard
- Substitution of mass screening for HIV in the place of patient autonomy and informed consent for testing
- Futility and ethics at the end of life
- Hypothetical scenario presentation: Informed consent
- Health information technology update
- Mental Health Legislation update
MCLE: If this particular educational activity is relevant to your immediate or long-term needs in relation to your professional development and practice of law then you should claim one 'unit' for each hour of attendance, refreshment breaks not included.